Friday 24 February 2023

Hawkes Bay deployment



 So having put my name down on the national civil defence “surge” support list after cyclone Gabrielle, I had a call up on Thursday.  Actually two call ups, the first was for ops manager which I accepted then a short time later a call for intelligence manager. Someone hadn’t updated the spreadsheet!!  Other than that, the comms and coordination from the NEMA/NCC (national coordination centre) logistics team has been great. 

I’ll try to do an update every day but depends on connectivity and workload.  Come this evening myself and around 21 other surge personnel should be in Napier, hosted by our friends on the HMNZS Canterbury for start of work tomorrow.  Not sure what to expect on the ground but pleased to be able to help out, and thanks to my family and management and my team Waipa District Council for supporting my deployment.

No comments:

Post a Comment